Monday, May 4, 2009

Mid-Year Exams

So our mid-year exam timetables were released today.
And as of today, I have exactly 1 month and 5 days to both catch up on everything I've done previously, and keep up to date with the next 4 PBL cases, including this one. Looks like I've got to buckle up a bit and stop major procrastination.
I was actually fairly excited about exam timetables, because I felt pretty ok about my position in terms of lectures and PBL cases; but the fact that it is barely over a month away has really hammered into my mind right now, and it's kind of frightening. We haven't received our Formative Test results back yet, so I'm not sure how much I already know and thus how far the bridge is between simply keeping up, and starting to put in maximum effort from today. It's annoying that I know I will inevitably lose an hour or two PER DAY to gaming, or MSN, or facebook, or some random crap that isn't at all related to my future - but hopefully I'll still remain productive.
These medicine exams feel a little different to high school exams; I know that this forms my education towards a career, and most especially, towards dealing with patients, instead of a competitive Maths test or English speech, working towards a number. All the same, i think a little bit of healthy competition is strengthening me; I've found a really smart colleague (our PBL tutor called us this; colleagues. I was amused, as was everyone else) who is keeping on top of things, so my aim, childish as it is, is to do better than him. I know that if I do, I've kept on top of things; but even if I don't, I've done my best for the best cause I can possibly think of at this stage: my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment