Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Down, but not out

First post of the month, yippee!
That's probably about the most joyous statement I can muster today; I'm smack bang in the middle of my StuVac, and let me tell you, Uni cramming is NOTHING like HSC cramming. I've managed to write up 10 000 words of concise PBL summaries so far (up to my 6th PBL out of 11) in the past 4 days, and I'm behind by one PBL, by my schedule. So not really feeling happy about my progress so far... on top of that I still haven't finished my Week 12 (i.e. last week) contribution - the writing up of the final learning objectives, so I really hope I'm not delaying 10 other people's study - I'm about halfway through.
So I've realised that despite being relatively more prepared than I was for the HSC (I started cramming for HSC trials a few days in advance, whereas this time I started a week and a half away), and despite this being the very first Semester of the very first year, I'm still managing to be behind. *sigh*
Oh, and I got snapped for my JFPP interview. Self-prophecy much, but I knew I didn't have that much of a chance; I know the people who did apply for it are really keen on the program, so kudos to them; at least next year I'll have a fair idea of what to expect (and make sure not to forget my citizenship documents, heh...). That leaves me with an empty schedule for the summer holidays (so far away, I know) so I'll be looking to fill it up with the newly announced UWS Summer Research Scholarship deal; or perhaps USyd's research program; or perhaps just go into the hospital system and see what I can scrape.
And finally, my external monitor for my eeePC is starting to die (15" monitor, second-hand when bought). At 1am yesterday it started flickering all shades of orange; so I'll be looking to replace it with a new monitor ([!] that's kind of a good thing! Big 23" LCD monitor, here I come!).

So yeah. I think the best thing to happen to me now is to manage to finish my exam preparation in time, and snap the exams so I can look at ways to solve all these problems, and then break out a new resolve to continuously stay on top of stuff for the much, much, much more arduous (but hopefully also much more interesting) second semester. I do realise though these are relatively miniscule worries in the big scheme of things. But for the moment... "I can't wait.....for the weekend to beginnnnnnn"

No comments:

Post a Comment