Thursday, June 11, 2009

De-Brief

In hindsight, the fact that our three exams were one after another (Tues/Wed/Thurs) really didn't impact on how I would have went. Because really, I think I wouldn't have done any better with any extra time in-between. So here goes:
Exam (1) was Short-Answer; this was a huge shock. First off, the first question had nothing to do with any sort of science and was 4 marks. The next question had nothing to do with science, and was 5 marks. Thereby followed a string of 4, 5, 6, and even 8 and 10 mark questions. I was *utterly shocked*. With only high school exam experience to fall back on, exam (1) felt really hard simply due to the number of marks allocated to each question; the pressure was on to do well in each and every question, and it was pretty intense. Another big thing was that I forgot to write fast. This time, although all the lecture note-taking via my netbook didn't impact on my writing speed, I was just unprepared for the pace of the exam, and especially forgot how long it took to write answers. Silly me, heh...
Exam (2) and (3) were Multiple-Choice. Exam 2 was the hardest multiple choice paper I had ever sat, followed by Exam 1, which was still hard but definitely a step lower. I found that, unlike the Short Answer paper, I had bucketloads of time (filling in a bubble is certainly faster than writing lines and lines) so time was certainly not an issue; just simply my gaps in knowledge and the rather lack of emphasis on PBL-exclusive stuff (e.g. mechanisms). I ended up tallying questions I was sure of and wasn't sure of; in both exams it turned out to be about half-half, so I'm hoping at least 10 of those unsure ones will pull through - aiming for a 60+ :)

And then we went bowling to destress.
Highlight of my bowling today: got a strike (!)
Lowlight of my bowling today: 5 gutter-balls in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment