Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's Never Happened Before

What hasn't happened before? Well, me winning in Minesweeper on Expert was what hasn't happened before. Minesweeper Expert was a constant source of rage and bereavement for me - I have this print screen titled "THISISWHYIDONTPLAYMINESWEEPEREXPERT.png" which highlights how I had nearly finished the entire board, and it all came down to one coin flip, which, by Murphy's Law, meant that I lost. This happened a multitude of times, and even today, until finally, I outwitted the probability table and finished in 542 seconds. Granted, I'm not going to break any records anytime soon, but the satisfaction is really keeping me on a high right now :)
Another thing that hasn't happened before was me speaking for 15 minutes straight. I've never, ever been able to do that. Ever. But the opportunity presented itself in the form of PPD's Reflections statement sessions; 2 hour sessions with your PBL group, talking about your life story. Multiplied by 11. Heh. It's actually quite fun, learning about where people come from; I quite liked it, and I think most of us did as well; the saying "I don't want to hear your life story" definitely didn't apply here.
Yet another first was me not sleeping through a particular (though excellent) lecturer for the first time. He is absolutely brilliant, but his voice...is...rather.....calm...and....mellow..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZ
BUT. Not today. Hah.

On top of all of this, ISAN09 is coming up in just 2 days time! Whoopee! This must be the greatest week ever. Winning Minesweeper, interesting PPD and ISAN. Oh, except on Friday it's PBL again. Akk. I would look forward to it if I did work this week, but alas. Various priorities popped up ahead of PBL (such as learning a song - Superchic[k]''s "Stand in the Rain"). Just goes to show how you can have a life outside of Medicine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment