Saturday, September 26, 2009

How a week without uni flies by...

First of all, I couldn't think of any more PBL case names that would fit this post, so I've stopped.
The one week mid-semester break is about to end tomorrow - between meeting with old friends, playing some Starcraft (old geezers, I know) with said old friends, and doing tidbits of study, the entire week has vanished into the depths of time and space immemorial.
I have a real knack for starting workbooks. Writing the name...and the subject; and then the year; then doing a nice title line (I don't do title pages, way too time consuming) for the broad subject (lets say; Physiology).. and then a subtitle for the particular section (let's say, Chapter 1), and then about a page of work. Of course, when I start workbooks, I'm always in the organisational, neat and tidy mode, so I can't write stuff about, say, the heart, where I have the cells. So I start another one. Repeat endlessly for as many books as I have in the house, and as many subjects as I feel like covering that day.
This used to be my procedure for high school studies - it made me feel good that I was starting a brand new book, turning over a brand new leaf, starting afresh and ready to summarise and/or take notes of something or other. Thankfully, during this week, my brand new workbooks were slightly more used - I think one of them has a dozen or so pages of notes *yay*. And therein was the limit of my study during this week.

Of course, now that I really feel like studying (on a Saturday; wow I have no life), vUWS (WebCT/internet portal of the uni) so happens to be on a maintenance weekend - so I have no access to Learning Objectives. So I guess I shall slip into watching another few episodes of Family Guy...or South Park...or the countless gigabytes of series donated by my ever-considerate old friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment