Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What a day

I think people were kind of looking at me oddly on the train today. Thanks to the hot sun and my forgetfulness, a melted chocolate in my right pocket spelled disaster for the earphones, ipod shuffle, mobile phone and parker pen (No, my pockets are not abnormally large) nearby. Thanks to my amazing foresight and provision, I also did not carry tissues or a bottle of water with me that day. So lets see. Brilliant genius medical student is confronted with messy electronic goods, and *almost* nothing to clean it with. What to do? Well, use the closest replacement to tissues - good old-fashioned paper from a notepad! How I managed to clean my earphones with pieces of paper, you can figure out for yourself, heh.
Anywho. Today was also a notable day because it was the last day of ICM. This means that I will not be seeing Blacktown Hospital for the next 4 months (until February at least), but more importantly (of course, what could possibly be worse than not seeing a hospital for months?) a new ICM group and tutor. My group and tutor are...LEGEN (wait for it, wait for it, wait for it - and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the next word is)DARY. I can't really rate one over the other - I think the group is so important in terms of your experience in ICM; whilst our tutor is a brilliant physician who has such a great love for people and for teaching us young whipper-snappers. I will miss them. Of course, the aforementioned chocolate was the result of a farewell gift thoughtfully thought of by one of us in the group (the rest of us all forgot, or didn't even know that this was the last week of ICM).
Anyway, the reason why I was on the train was not because I was going home, but because I was doing part of another PPD assignment (talking to a health professional). I went to Hornsby where I met my cousin (a registrar), and we and my friend who's also in first-year had a nice long chat about what we should expect in the future, and tips to manage stress and adverse situations. That was cool - I've just finished typing up my notes taken during the session; we'll have to present it at a time and date I'm not sure of. Thus, one would assume I am quite free for the rest of tonight - not so, too much work to catch up. Should get cracking, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment