Thursday, December 17, 2009

On a somewhat unrelated note...

HSC exam results came out today. No joy for my five students that I tutored - no band 6's or even band 5's in my subject, which was really disappointing. It feels so crap when you know that their parents have paid you so much in tutoring, and both you and your student tried so hard, but in the end, the result was so much lower than we worked for. One of the things I dislike about tutoring is this responsibility for marks - today, it felt like I was the one who did those exams, and got those results. Ironically, it was my students who were trying to cheer me up - but really, it's this feeling that you've just taken someone's money and seem to haven't had done much to help, that's killing me. Anyway, I've recently got two days off the SSRS, thanks to my awesome supervisor. Just used one to go to the beach today, and will use tomorrow (actually, today) to read up on latest news and catch up with some old friends. Reminiscing about how, just one year ago, we too had stayed awake at 6am to log onto one particular website...

No comments:

Post a Comment